TOTAL RELIANCE ON HIM
by linzy bruno

       

                   
"The Lord helps those who help themselves" is not an untrue statement, but nonetheless, has led some astray. The trouble with it is that it's only true in the sense that we all have a part to do and God will not do our part, however, these words can lead to the thinking that believers are to rely on themselves much more heavily than on God.

BUT, Jesus said that He is the vine and we are the branches:


“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." (John 15:5)

Parallel Verses:


"I will lift up my eyes to the hills—From whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1-2)

"He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength." (Isaiah 40:29)

"For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’" (Isaiah 41:13)

 

NKJV

 



Linzy has been writing for many years; seriously since her 3 kids were still young and inspirational. She has taken 2 courses in Bible studies and completed "Four Soils" Bible study course in a 26-month period; earning her certification in Bible Counselling.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print