The Search
by PamFord Davis

I had just finished grocery shopping and went to my car. Thinking I should call my husband before heading home, I reached for my cell phone. The holder on the outside of my purse was empty. My blood pressure rose as my search proved futile. The phone was not inside the purse either. I remembered turning up the volume of the cell phone when in the produce section of the grocery store.

Maybe I accidentally dropped it there.

I back tracked through the parking lot and began my frantic search inside the store. I didn’t see it anywhere. The checkout clerk said I should check at the office. There, I stood unnoticed waiting. Another clerk came to my side and got the attention of the office assistant. She handed me my phone; saying someone found it outside in the parking lot.

What a relief.

I said, ‘Thank you; you made my day!’

My phone was lost; it was found.

“What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?  And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.  And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’  I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance (Luke 15:4-7 NKJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print