I Miss Them
by PamFord Davis

February 22nd was my parent’s wedding anniversary. The date marked what would have been their 74th anniversary celebration. They were wed in Kirkville Methodist Church; located in a small Central NY State community. Married in a blizzard; it did not hamper their excitement. Many anniversary celebrations followed.

I was married with young children when Mom & Dad had their 25th anniversary. They planned a small party in their home and invited family and close friends. We traveled from our home in Northeast Louisiana back to my family home in Mycenae, New York. Reminiscent of their wedding day; they celebrated in a blizzard. Few people could attend but the evening was festive.

Numbers are nice but are not the most important thing in a celebration. After retirement from Syracuse General Electric; my parents relocated in South Texas. There, they celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary with a small reception at Devine United Methodist Church. Pictures were taken of the happy couple as they cut the cake. They wondered if they’d live to celebrate their golden wedding anniversary.

The year was 1997; Frank & Betty Ford returned to Central NY State to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. We gathered in a small but sufficient community room in my oldest sister’s apartment building. All enjoyed refreshments and fellowship. Photos were taken by a professional photographer and my husband videotaped the event.

Mom died two years later; her parting left Dad alone and lonely. He returned to live in Central NY State in assisted living and then at a nursing home facility. He died in 2002. The Ford family had lost our patriarch. I miss them…

“Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee (Exodus 20:12 KJV).”

 

 

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print