My Guide
by PamFord Davis

Many senior adults travel in groups. Together, they board tour buses as singles or couples and take trips to favorite tourist destinations. Church sponsored outings are wonderful. My husband and I went to Gatlinburg, Tennessee with a church group several years back. We enjoyed the fellowship, sites, preaching, music and the food! Just wondering… have you ever had a tour guide?

The first thing that pops into my mind is a Hollywood tour guide. Tourists get the opportunity to see movie studios and homes of the stars.

Maybe you've had the luxury of traveling abroad and hired a professional guide.

We all need a guide to show us the way.

We’re just passing through; this is not our home. I’m preparing for my final destination.

The Holy Spirit is my guide. Peter wrote under the inspiration and guidance of the Holy Spirit.

“Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul,  having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation (1 Peter 2: 11 NKJV).”

Glory to God; the LORD sent His Holy Spirit to be my guide!

“However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come (John 16:13 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print