Heart Talk
by PamFord Davis

Americans fear cancer; yet; it’s not the #1 cause of death. In 2020 heart disease topped the list. That’s a fact. Concern is wise but our bodies are only temporary. “My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever (Psalm 73:26 NASB).”

His strength is sufficient for me.

“And He has said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.’ Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me. Therefore I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in distresses, in persecutions, in difficulties, in behalf of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong (2 Corinthians 12:9-10 NASB).”

I can depend on His strength. He works in me.

“Not that I speak from need, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.  I know how to get along with little, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need.  I can do all things through Him who strengthens me (Philippians 4:11-13 NASB).”

I can trust God. I can’t trust my heart!

“The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it (Jeremiah 17:9 NASB)?”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print