11. BORN AGAIN (An extract from 'The Names of the Believers in the Bible in Types and Symbols')
by Dr Surya Kumar Daimari

“Born Again” is a biblical term or phrase often used to give a spiritual sense to a Christian or a believer such as – a born again Christian, a born again believer, a born again child etc. To be born again is solely the work of the Holy Spirit (Jn 3:1-5). He regenerates a man spiritually or makes a man alive spiritually from his death in trespasses and sin. The expression, “born of water and of the Spirit “ in Jn 3:5 signifies both the cleansing work through repentance and the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit. The children of God are called born again because they are born of God and born of the Spirit. IJnJ4: 7; 5:4, 18; Jn 3:5. Being born again or New Birth is a new spiritual experience of a new life in Christ Jesus.

“If any be in Christ he is a new creature.” II Cor 5:17.

 

 



Name of the Author of this article: Dr. Surya Kumar Daimari, MA,M.Ed, PGDTE,D.Min.(Doctor of Ministry)
The author is a freelance writer.
Book published: The Names of the Believers in the Bible in Types and Symbols .
https://outskirtspress.com/thenamesofthebelieversinthebible

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print