Songs in the Night (or Morning)
by Dale Buchanan

Songs in the Night (or Morning)

Job:35:10: But none saith, Where is God my maker, who giveth songs in the night;

Ps:40:3: And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

Music has been a prominent part of my life since childhood.  Often, I will sing to myself in the morning.  Recently I noticed that the Lord was giving me a different song every morning right after the alarm went off at 5 am.  For example, these songs the last seven days:  “My Lord knows the way”; “When We All get to Heaven”; Doxology; “When We All Get to Heaven”; “My Lord Knows the Way”; “Are Ye Able”; and the Doxology.  You will notice three repetitions: My Lord knows the Way, When We All Get to Heaven, and the Doxology. 

I thought, “Isn’t this wonderful?”  The Lord is waking me up with a new song each day.  That’s when I started writing them down.  Years ago, I started the habit of singing a happy melody after I got up.  Usually, it was a chorus like “This is the day that the Lord Hath Made.”  It helped me to get the day started right with the Lord.

Indeed, the Lord does give us a song in our hearts if we know Jesus Christ as our personal Savior.  He causes us to rejoice.  Why not sing it out loud to ourselves – and anybody else in the house – and get the day started right in praise and thanks to the Lord?    



Dale Buchanan is an ex-Baptist pastor and retired accountant who started his writing career a couple of years ago.  He desires to honor the Lord with his writing, win the lost to Christ and encourage Christians to make Christ the pre-eminent person in their lives. Contact Dale: research.djb@gmail.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print