Men of God
by PamFord Davis

What can we do for our pastors?

First and foremost, they need our prayers.

… “and pray in my behalf, that speech may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel (Ephesians 6:19 NASB).”

Yes, they need prayers and more. Most pastors would hesitate to request personal comforts; yet, we should try to make their study areas comfortable. Pastor’s offices are frequently used in Bible study, sermon preparation, prayer and meditation. What can we do for these men of God?

One compassionate woman sensed the needs of a man of God.

“Now a day came when Elisha went over to Shunem, where there was a prominent woman, and she urged him to eat food. And so it was, as often as he passed by, that he turned in there to eat food. And she said to her husband, ‘Behold now, I am aware that this is a holy man of God passing by us repeatedly. Please, let’s make a little walled upper room, and let’s set up a bed for him there, and a table, a chair, and a lampstand; then it shall be, when he comes to us, that he can turn in there (2 Kings 4:8-10 NASB).”

Let’s do our part. It’ll be appreciated.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print