Giants in the Land
by PamFord Davis

I was always one of the shortest students in my school classes.

I guess you’d say I stood out in my class (even when sitting in the front row for all class group pictures). Being short has never bothered me much. Yet, it does cause problems when reaching for things on top shelves in kitchen cabinets. Admittedly, I’ve also felt uncomfortable around very tall people.

They seemed like giants.

How would I react in the presence of real-live giants?

Moses sent men to spy out the Promised Land. Caleb (and Joshua) were both ready to claim the land. Coming across giants (Nephilim), the majority were intimidated, afraid and rebelled.

“Then Caleb quieted the people in the presence of Moses and said, ‘We must go up and take possession of the land because we can certainly conquer it!’

But the men who had gone up with him responded, ‘We can’t go up against the people because they are stronger than we are!’ So they gave a negative report to the Israelites about the land they had scouted: ‘The land we passed through to explore is one that devours its inhabitants, and all the people we saw in it are men of great size. We even saw the Nephilim there—the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim! To ourselves we seemed like grasshoppers, and we must have seemed the same to them (Numbers 13:30-33 HCSB).”

There were giants in the land.

We often have little faith.

“Then He said to them, ‘Why are you fearful? Do you still have no faith (Mark 4:40 HCSB)?”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print