Conversation With God
by Anne O'Donnell

“What is on your mind child?”

“Oh, I don’t know, I feel a lot of unresolved conflicts inside that produce stressful thinking and I can’t make them subside. I don’t want these destructive feelings controlling me or my day.”

“Well, you are on the right track by recognizing the problem, and wise to consider the choices you have to resolve it. I bet you already know the solution. I've never left you defenseless, have I?"

“Yeah, I know. But it’s still a battle to redirect these adrenaline rushes onto to something way more worthwhile, something that is life giving instead of life consuming. I wish I was the kind of person that could flip the switch and calm down. It’s like the bad news always invades my peace and stifles my ability to stabilize it back to normal. I feel I need to change this pattern.”

“What have you done so far today to reverse these stressful thoughts? You know where to find an arsenal of power, don't you?”

“Yes, Lord. In my heart, I want to sit down and immerse myself in your Word to start off my day, but in reality, I fall prone to distractions, as if my worrying will change the outcome. How foolish of me to obsess like this. It’s a glaring weakness I have. I even go so far to believe it’s in my nature to be taken captive, and that I’ll always be predisposed towards anxiety. I need to work harder than most people to prevent the anxiety from robbing me of joy and contentment.”

“Are you sure about that? Last time I checked, the entire human race is still under siege, taken hostage by strongholds that can only be torn down by my Word, which, by the way, is the same for everyone - it has the same working power to disarm all the tactics of the enemy, not just yours. But every test brings a measure of growth, and you have to remember my plan is different for you than it is for others. Stay close to me and I will give you everything you need."

“I know your words are truth Lord, and I vow right now to stop making excuses for myself. I want to get to the place where I can exercise the authority you have given me to cast down vein imaginations and make them obedient to your word. I am deciding right now, that after this conversation, I will put on my full armor and stand up tall, empowered in your truths, confident I will succeed because you are on my side.”

“That’s my girl. See, we just needed a little refresher talk. I haven’t changed. I am the same Lord who guides you through every trial you face. What makes the difference is when we walk together. I love the heart-to-heart talks we have. They bless me more than they bless you."

“God, I will never not need you. Every waking moment I live and breathe is a reminder of my desperate need for you. I can’t move into the next second without your presence. Thank you for your steadfast unwavering love for me. I want you to be glorified in my life today. Thanks for standing by me in my dilemma on how to proceed from here.”

“Carry these words with you today child, and reflect on them often: He will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast on thee. That’s a promise. You haven't forgotten it have you? Hide it in your heart, and rejoice that you are free when you are close to me. It’s a part of my redemption plan for you child. I love you unconditionally. I will be interceding for you today.”



Thank you for looking at my articles. I enjoy writing on a variety of topics in a variety of genres. Don't be afraid to comment! You will be helping me!

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print