NO RESURRECTION, NO HOPE
by Lupie Riley

 

Freelance writer Lupie Riley

Thought:  This was an Easter article I wrote in March 2, 2012 that’s worth repeating.

Without the resurrection of Jesus our world would be drastically altered.  We would probably pay homage to a funeral box full of dust and bones once a year.  Our moral code would be what we set for ourselves and worship in anything we choose.  The words to an old song went “is this all there is?”  What hope would we have for a promising future not only for ourselves but for our children if this life were all there is?  What a dismal picture this portrays.  

Everyday thousand choose this hopeless road to travel free of any cumbersome moral codes and absolutes.  “If this life is all we have why not live it up” is their mantra.  Evolution, agnosticism, atheism and all the ‘isms’ and religions feed off this ideology providing it with a guilt free life without repercussions from bad choices and actions.  Total chaos, confusion and spiritual darkness are the end results.  On the other hand, those who choose to put their faith in the mastermind, Creator God, receive all He has to offer.  This Creator God who made all there was, is and will be, came as a human like us, only sinless, and paid the price for our rebellion (sin) that kept us spiritually separated from the Holy One.  With Jesus one time sacrifice on the cross, he paved the way for acquittal (forgiveness), future immortal bodies that will never die, and eternal life in the home He prepared for all who believe (heaven).

Someday soon this risen Savior will come back as King of Kings to rule the world in truth, justice, honor, and love.  He will put an end to war, greed, hate, murder, and all wickedness for a thousand years. Rest assured that planet Earth as we know it will not end but be restored to its original beauty during Christ’s reign.  This is our hope for a better future because our God is alive and well.  HE AROSE FROM THE GRAVE.

By placing our faith in the resurrected Savior, we receive all he has to offer as His children, adopted into His family.  If we are seeking answers to life’s questions, “who am I, is there life after death?” start by discovering those answers in the NT book of John.  His Truth will set you free.  May this Easter find you with a new HOPE, a new DIRECTION and PEACE of mind and heart as you trust in Jesus.  

Prayer:  Father God, thank you for this hope I have in your promises.  I’m looking forward to your reign as King of Kings over the whole world.  Amen

Verse:  Heb. 2:14,15-18 “Since we, God’s children, are human beings—made of flesh and blood—he became flesh and blood too by being born in human form; for only as a human being could he die and in dying break the power of the devil who had the power of death.  Only in that way could he deliver those who through of fear of death have been living all their lives as slaves to constant dread. V. 18 For since He himself has now been through suffering and temptation, he knows what it is like when we suffer and are tempted, and he is wonderfully able to help us.”



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print