Living in Eternity while Anchored in Time
by Jack Vorster

Every person experiencing life on Planet Earth should look upon their terrestrial sojourn as but a brief stopover. That stopover can last for about 70 years. Sadly, for many, the stopover does not last long at all. What kind of a stopover are we talking about? It is a stopover in a place called time.

If it is a stopover, then the journey must have commenced elsewhere for it to be a stopover. And if it is a stopover, then it must continue in the same place or realm where it started.

 Everyone’s journey started in eternity – the realm of no time, the realm where God resides. We existed within the Spirit of the Almighty Creator of the entire universe, including Planet Earth, before we were given a passage to earth. “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee.” (Jer. 1:5)

Our appointed time for the release of our infant spirits into physical bodies for the beginning of our stopover in time was determined by God. To live in time required the addition (covering) of flesh and bone. Speaking of his spirit, Job said, “Thou hast clothed me with skin and flesh, and hast fenced me with bones and sinews.” (Job 10:11)

During our stopover the combination of our THOUGHTS, WORDS and ACTIONS become the determining factor as to the direction we take upon re-entry into the realm of no time, the spiritual realm. That spiritual realm is split into the spiritual realm of life and the spiritual realm of death. The latter does not put an end to one’s existence and consciousness as a living entity. The term ‘death’ is merely a description denoting a place of condemnation for eternity in the spiritual realm.

Should our THOUGHTS, WORDS and ACTIONS match the THOUGHTS, WORDS and ACTIONS of Jesus Christ as a result of our submission to and faith in him because of His death and resurrection for the redemption of the human race, then the stopover in time takes on a whole new meaning. In fact, it is no longer a stopover for those of the Christian faith, but rather an early move to the spiritual realm while anchored in time. This means that we become resident in two places at the same time – we are living in eternity while anchored in time.

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us TOGETHER with Christ (by grace ye are saved), and has raised us up TOGETHER, and made us sit TOGETHER in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.” (Eph 4: 2-6)

If we are spiritually seated in heavenly places together with Christ, even while we are physically present on earth, then our conduct, wherever we find ourselves, should be as if we are conducting ourselves right before the sight and hearing of Jesus. “For our conversation is in heaven”. (Phil. 3:20). In other words, when you speak to anyone – whether it is a fellow student, a work colleague or your spouse – you should converse with them as if you are seated right there in that heavenly place, with Jesus overhearing your every word. We should live our lives in constant awareness of this.

This means that our lives are lived both in heaven and on earth at the same time. Therefore, whatever we say is heard, simultaneously, in heaven, between heaven and earth, and on earth.

Did you know that you became one spirit with Jesus and that is why you are able to be there, in the heavenly realm, with him? “But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.” (1Cor. 6:17)

Our citizenship is in Heaven, but we have a job to do on earth. We are the Body of Christ, which is in Heaven and on earth. We are in SPIRITUAL UNION with Christ for as long as we remain in our physical bodies on earth. Our empowerment comes through the Holy Spirit, Who has placed us in the Kingdom of God. And that Kingdom is within us. This is how we can be both in Heaven and on earth at the same time. We are already seated in Heaven where Christ is and Christ is wherever we are on earth.

Clearly, we are already living in eternity while anchored in time. And the only reason for us being anchored in time is so that we can carry out the commission given to us by Him as per Mark 16:15-20. In reality, we are carrying out our commission from our ‘Head Office’ in Heaven. There is room in the Kingdom for everyone, but not everyone wants to return to their place of origin.

Jesus said, “All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore,” (Mt 28:18,19).

What is the absolute staggering meaning of this statement by the Lord of Lords, the King of Kings? It means that we who are already living in eternity while anchored in time have that same power and authority, “therefore” we are to ”Go” knowing that Christ in us is the Head and we are the Body. Our body is His body – our hands are His hands.

And they went forth, and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.” (Mark 16:20)

Remember, we are seated “TOGETHER in heavenly places in Christ Jesus” and we are anchored in this place of time for the purpose of “the Lord working with them.” The “them” is ‘us’.

Let’s look at the full picture.

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover
.” (Mark 16:15-18)

If we do not “Go” and actually do what is commanded as per the abovementioned, then the Lord cannot work with us and through us – then those who are currently on a stopover and on their way to a place of spiritual damnation once their stopover comes to an end will have us to blame for their eternal plight.

What then would be the point of us living in eternity while anchored in time? If we do not believe Jesus’ command to us to be possible, then how can we believe anything the Bible has to say? Could there be a reason for us to be doubtful? Yes, it could be one of two reasons or both. The first one is pride and the second one is because our THOUGHTS, WORDS and ACTIONS are no different than that of those still on an ordinary stopover in time.

We need to renew our minds to the truth and be worthy of both our calling and our salvation. “And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” (Rom. 12:2)

Those who are on a stopover in time are in need of Good News. The Good News can only come from those who are living in eternity while anchored in time.



Now retired, Jack Vorster has a background in marketing in the field of newspaper advertising. As a result of a life-changing experience he turned his attention to the study of the human make-up and the realities connected to human behaviour based on the Word of God. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print