How to Pray for Your Students
by Tonja Taylor

Pray for one another and I will heal you, says the LORD, in James 5:16 (Berean Study Bible).  "…15 And the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick. The Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.  16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.  The prayer of a righteous man has great power to prevail."

In my opinion, it is our responsibility to pray for our students. They are gifts that the LORD purposely caused to come into our lives, so that we may be the examples of Himself to them. 

The LORD is so good! He knows that, when we pray for others--especially those whom He has given into our care--that our own lives will be positively impacted; prayer is a form of His love! 

Love is the motive of true prayer. It is the Spirit of God, Who is Love (I John 4:8), Who desires good for all people, everywhere, in every way, every moment of our lives. 

Here are a few prayers I pray over my students. 

1. I plead the Blood of Jesus over them. I John 1:7 (KJV), "But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."

When I get a new student, I immediately claim them and their families for the Kingdom of God; meaning, I'm asking the LORD to bring them to Salvation and, if they are already born again, to draw them closer to Him. (That is why we Believers are on the planet; to bring the unsaved to Christ, and that we His people would be continuously drawn closer to Him--delivered from living like the world, and partnering with Him that He could live His Zoe life through us!)

I plead the Blood of Jesus over them, over their spirits, souls (mind/will/emotions), and bodies if they are not yet of the age to be accountable (meaning, able to clearly discern between evil and good), and over their souls and bodies if they are. Only the LORD knows this. I had a fellow minister tell me the LORD told her to not plead the Blood of Jesus (how awesomely powerful it is, praise Him!) over her unsaved son-in-law, because He needed to work in the man's spirit! 

How awesome and good is our darling Father God, Who is good and all good (I John 1:5, Berean Study Bible: "And this is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you: God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all."

2. For a peaceful habitation (Isaiah 32:18).  I teach online and often, when I've asked the students to turn on their microphones and share with the class, there has been a lot of noise (read: distractions!) in their homes.  They are currently in a state which has had major lockdowns, where they are confined to learning 100% at home--in the midst of siblings, parents, cooking, business dealings of their parents on the phone, etc. Many of them do not have a private, quiet space in which to learn. 

3. I pray for them to have the Mind of Christ, and to be "of quick understanding and excellent spirit (Daniel 1:4), so they can learn well--staying focused in spite of distractions, and realizing that the instruction I give them is helping them. I work to make it enjoyable. 

4. That they would know and believe God's love for them, and that I love them through Him. I John 4:15-17 says, "15 If anyone confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 And we have come to know and believer the love that God has for us. God is love; whoever abides in love abides in Godand God in him. 17 In this way, love has been perfected among us, so that we may have confidence on the day of judgment; for in this world we are just like Him.…"

I like to tell my students from day one that I love them. Sometimes I do the sign language for "I love you!" (This is where one hand shows the "Y" and "L" with the thumb and pinky up to show the "Y" and the pointer finger up to show (with the thumb) the "L", and the middle and ring fingers down)

We all can use a deeper understanding of the pure love of God and others! Also, when we show love, especially deliberately, it helps us realize more that God our Father (when we believe in Christ Jesus as Savior and LORD) loves us. It can also help us realize that, without Him, we are nothing; yet, we are chosen vessels through whom His love flows to make the world more like Heaven on earth 

Whether you pray for one student, or two hundred, you are positively changing their lives--and those they are around! As you pray for your students, your love will grow--and show. 

I believe it is impossible for us Believers to pray for others without our love growing towards them, for prayer is a form of God's love--inspired by Him!

We may not pray perfectly, but the LORD is so gracious that He knows the intents of our hearts to help others, and He can do amazing things with the little prayers that we give Him!

Praying in the Spirit and asking the LORD for guidance to pray Scriptural prayers (as I have listed above, with the verse references) will reveal to you more ways to pray for your dear students. 

Another thing to do is (I'm getting victory in this, faster now!), even on days when it seems they may be ignoring you or otherwise disobeying, remember to be thankful--even if you have to do it out loud, such as: "Rory, I'm so thankful that you are my student! I'm thankful that you love to learn and come to class, and are going to find your books, and get on the right page, so you can get what you need today!"  Psalm 126:5: "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy."

And when ye will offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving unto the Lord, offer it at your own will. --Leviticus 22:29 says. When we choose to be thankful, especially out loud--which causes us and the holy angels and the demons, and other people to whom we are ministering--we positively plant good seeds in their hearts, by our example and our words! 

Here's another secret of success: Being thankful can bring healing; not only to those to whom we express it, but to our own hearts! There are many reasons the LORD tells us to be thankful, such as "Let peace rule in your hearts and be thankful."  If it's been a rough class, a rough day, ask the LORD to help you be thankful, and to remember that "thiss too shall pass"--that it's only temporary.

So is everything on earth temporary! So let's make the most of it, and one of those ways is by praying for our students, whom we declare will rise up and do great and mighty things for the LORD! 



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print