RIGHTEOUS FEAR
by linzy bruno

 

"The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?" (Psalm 27:1)


Rather than fear the virus and all the horrors that are mounting daily in our rapidly declining world, fear the Lord:


“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." (Proverbs 9:10)


To fear the many varying instabilities of our world at present, is to fear man (which Satan incites), but to fear the Lord is to fear things like: retreating back into old, pre-crucified ways, unrepentant sin or anything else that could result in a loss of connection to Him!


Moreover, believers cannot abide in this healthy, godly fear without humility, which leads to total surrender to His Sovereignty.


Furthermore, this sensitive and close relationship with God promotes spiritual maturity, which leads to deeper devotion, which leads to an ever deepening desire to please Him, which leads to obedience, seen through all kinds of good deeds and other demonstrations of faithfulness. But, this is not to be confused with legalism. Legalism is working to gain God's approval (trying to save oneself), while obedience is responding to the Holy Spirit's promptings.


"Therefore do not fear them. For there is nothing covered that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops. And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:26-28)


Important Side Note: Wicked men possessing demonic powers, who have come back to God, have reported seeing God's people with walls of fire all around them, thereby keeping evil spirits from harming them.


"Do not fear, for you will not be ashamed; Neither be disgraced, for you will not be put to shame; For you will forget the shame of your youth, And will not remember the reproach of your widowhood anymore." (Isaiah 54:4)

 

NKJV

 



Linzy has been writing for many years; seriously since her 3 kids were still young and inspirational. She has taken 2 courses in Bible studies and completed "Four Soils" Bible study course in a 26-month period; earning her certification in Bible Counselling.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print