Valentine In Quarantine
by Olawale Ogunsola

Valentine has been defined as "A person to whom a valentine is given or received, especially on February 14th" Another puts it thus, "One's sweet heart, especially, as chosen or greeted on Valentine's Day."

 

 

Quarantine is defined, as "a state, period or place of isolation in which people or animals that have arrived from elsewhere or been exposed to infectious or contagious diseases are placed." Oxford Language.

 

A careful look at these two words will show that they contradict each other. This may be the reason a student gave Quarantine as the opposite of valentine. It may cause some laughter but there are some senses in it.

 

What do I mean?

 

As their definitions depict, valentine shows pure love and cannot be divorced from embracing and kissing each other to show joy of the moment. It is a time of exchange of deep pleasantries. Things that can prove that one loves the other are exchanged. A day to celebrate this has been chosen by human beings, that is February 14. No matter the distance, it is a day set aside to move closer between two love-birds, especially couples or couples - to-be. Let me not fail to state here that valentine day is not one reserved to carry out lust or evil desire as being misconstrued by some people especially youths.

 

On the other hand, quarantine is associated with separation or isolation. This has to do with distancing. Staying aloof is mandatory during quarantine it can be figuratively said that it is a way to show love to others you do not want to infect with a disease.

 

The incursion of Coronavirus, also known as COVID 19, has made quarantine more popular these days than before. This is because this virus spreads at an alarming rate and kills its victim fast. Therefore anyone suspected to have contacted the virus is required to go into isolation for a period of two weeks to recover from COVID19.

 

Then, how is it possible to celebrate valentine in isolation (Quarantine)? This has been the plight of mankind (since) February 14, 2020 (and 2021) serious vals have been very cautious in contacting each other : Quarantine is one of the ways to control the spread of COVID 19.

 

Every law abiding citizen observes social distancing even during love celebration.

 

Let me emphasis here that distance is no barrier to true love. It can be demonstrated and celebrated, no matter what happens. Why? It is because love is resident in the heart of mankind and need to be demonstrated. Communication today, including the internet has made love demonstration easier than before. Whether in quarantine or not, love can be shown to others by employing every opportunity.

 

Please, let me not fail to introduce you to or remind you of a Lover that cannot be equalled. Who is this Personality? His name is Jesus Christ, the Lord. He assures, "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee ; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: When thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the kindle upon thee." Isaiah 43:2. King James Version (KJV)

 

If He loves you to promise you these, demonstrate your love to Him by embracing Him. Whether in quarantine or not. He can celebrate His love with you at any time. No virus or diseases can impair your relationship with Him. Moreso, He has every authority to dispel any sickness, diseases, virus or whatever evil that may want to affect you negatively.

 

You can celebrate love in quarantine if you love Jesus Christ.
Stay blessed and prepared for the imminent coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print