Victory Over Death
by PamFord Davis

Most avoid pain at any cost. Pharmaceutical companies reap the benefits from sales of over the counter pain killers and prescription drugs. When needing surgery, we depend on anesthesiologists training and skills. Waking, we might say; I didn’t feel a thing!

Jesus did feel pain.

“Then they spit in His face and beat Him with their fists; and others slapped Him, and said, ‘Prophesy to us, You Christ; who is the one who hit You (Matthew 26:67-68 NASB).”

The Lamb of God felt pain each time the whips tore His flesh during flogging.

“So Pilate then took Jesus and had Him flogged (John 19:1 NASB).”

Thorns brought great pain as they pierced His head.

“And the soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and placed it on His head (John 19:2a NASB).”

Crucifixion brought excruciating pain to God’s Son. Jesus was not sedated. He refused the little that was offered.

“And when they came to a place called Golgotha, which means Place of a Skull, they gave Him wine mixed with bile to drink; and after tasting it, He was unwilling to drink it (Matthew 27:33-34 NASB).”

How could He bear such painful torture?

“…looking only at Jesus, the originator and perfecter of the faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God (Hebrews 12:2 NASB).”

Jesus knew the joy of victory over death; we can too!

“Death has been swallowed up in victory. Where, O Death, is your victory? Where, O Death, is your sting?’ The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the Law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:54b-57 NASB).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print