Joy Filled Journey
by PamFord Davis

Ever feel discouraged?

You’re in good company; many of the prophets succumbed to discouragement.

Missionaries, evangelists, pastors and Bible teachers are not exempt. They might experience burnout, chronic illness or common fatigue. Our words of affirmation and encouragement may mean more than we’ll ever know.

“Therefore, encourage one another and build one another up, just as you also are doing (1 Thessalonians 5:11 NASB).”

Their work, our work for the Lord must continue.

“Therefore, my beloved brothers and sisters, be firm, immovable, always excelling in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord (1 Corinthians 15:58 NASB).”

Stay in the race.

“Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer person is decaying, yet our inner person is being renewed day by day. For our momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal (2 Corinthians 4:16-18 NASB).”

We encourage one another.

The LORD gives us strength for the joy filled journey.

“Yet those who wait for the Lord
Will gain new strength;
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
They will walk and not become weary (Isaiah 40:31 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print