Don't Settle For Crumbs!
by Tonja Taylor

“You treat me to a feast while my enemies watch.” Psalm 23:5

Once a great King invited his friends to the feast, but they were all too busy to come. Irritated, he sent his servants out to invite those in the streets to come, so the house would be filled; so his elaborate preparations would not be wasted. 

Meanwhile, Oliver the duck had been wandering around, looking for crumbs in the garbage. He walked a little further and smelled something delicious. He waddled up the steps to the huge, fancy door of a banquet hall, where he could hear people inside, laughing and talking. 

A servant dressed in fine clothes walked up the steps, followed by several common-looking people. Some had work clothes on. Some of the children seemed to be orphans. The servant stopped and gave each person a wet white cloth, which which to clean their faces and hands. Then he opened the door and told them to go in.  

The laughing and pleasant talking were louder, and Oliver could hear joyful music playing. The smells of the good food were making his stomach growl!

I want to go in, too! thought Oliver. "QUACK! QUACK!" he said, to get the servant's attention.

The servant looked down, and smiled. "A duck!" he said. "Well, since you're not dinner, you may come in," he said kindly. "I don't think the good king would mind! But mind you, don't peck at anyone!"

He held the door and Oliver, amazed, waddled into the huge room.

I should probably stay close to the wall, he thought. I don't want to be stepped on by someone dancing!

He stayed on the outer part of the room, but then he saw a child at a nearby table drop something. It looked very yummy. Hmm. I wonder if I could eat that, since it is on the floor and they won't want it, he thought.

The child started crying. "No worries, Ben," said his mother. "We will get you another croissant. Come with me." She took his hand and led him away to a table laden with goodies.

So that's what it is! thought Oliver. This will be much better than crumbs! He started waddling toward it.

A man who was walking his way almost stepped on Oliver. He stopped and laughed. "A duck! Well, hello, little fellow!" 

Oliver quacked and kept walking toward the croissant. The man saw where he was going. "Oh, let me get it for you," he said, and he took his foot and drew it out from under the table, so Oliver could enjoy it.

The child and his mother had returned. When they saw the man helping Oliver, they helped him too, by giving him some of the food off their plates.

Oliver quacked his thanks. I'm so glad I was in the right place at the right time! he thought, remembering what his wise mother had taught him. Thank You, Elohim! he said in his mind, for he knew that the One Who had created him had made these good things happen. Croissants are so much better than crumbs!

So, Oliver went from crumbs to crossants, and more! (Right place, right time; the king WILL find you and lead you to more--Ephesians 3:20!--if you want to be found and lead!



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print