Sugar and God
by Anne O'Donnell

What could sugar and God possibly have in common? The answer is simple.

We can all buy the same sugar and go home and use it for different purposes; for coffee or tea, baking, preparing sauces, jams, dressings, science experiments, sugar scrubs for exfoliating, tongue burns, hair gels, lipstick extender, unwanted hair removal, fresh flower food, to soothe painful stings and bites, as an ant killer solution, and wasp traps.

Coating the stomach with sugar helps alleviate nausea. As a digestive aid, it balances acidity. It is used in the production of medications, bioplastics for planes, to help halt hiccups, in the production of preservatives, as a DIY stain remover, to prevent cheese from molding, and as a lighter fluid subsistute.

The sugar hasn't changed just because it's being used differently. It is still the same sugar as when we left the store.

The same holds true for God’s word which never changes.

We can all read the same scripture, yet apply it differently to specific areas of our lives; for teaching, healing, edifying, encouraging, comforting, clarifying, empowering, to lead us, guide us, and direct us, for discernment, for knowledge, for wisdom, as our prayer, and as our answers to conflicts and complexities.

God’s word provides wise counsel for every circumstance, light in every darkness, hope in every crisis, restoration for the broken, reconciliation for the sinner, salvation for the lost, strength for the weary, comfort for the hurting, healing for the sick, authority over darkness, forgiveness for the repentant, and unconditional love for the undeserving.

One sugar, many uses.

One Bible, many applications.

Father, we thank you that you never change, yet your love holds all power to cover each one of us in our time of need.



Thank you for looking at my articles. I enjoy writing on a variety of topics in a variety of genres. Don't be afraid to comment! You will be helping me!

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print