Conflict Was Inevitable
by PamFord Davis

Watching Oscar and Felix (The Odd Couple), I could only imagine how difficult their living arrangement would be. The best friends were opposites in every aspect; conflicts were inevitable. Oscar had to deal with Felix; the perfectionist. In contrast, Felix learned to tolerate Oscar’s sloppy unkempt appearance. Oscar preferred Oscar Mayer Weiner and baseball. On the other hand, Felix had a taste for Crepe Suzette; the opera and ballet.

Martha and Mary, sisters, differed in personality and opinion.

Conflict was inevitable.

Martha took the role of hostess and server; Mary sat and soaked in words of her Savior.

“Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus’ feet and heard His word. But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, ‘Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me.’

And Jesus answered and said to her, ‘Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things.  But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her (Luke 10:38-42 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print