Lennie's Legacy
by PamFord Davis


Multitasking says it all.

I recently lost a precious friend; Mrs. Lennie Raley died at the age of 99. She had completed all her tasks; God called her home.

‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you have been faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord (Matthew 25:23b NKJV).”

Jesus Christ was her LORD.

Yes, indeed; Mrs. Raley multitasked. Before entering a nursing home; she outworked many half her age. In her late 90’s- Lennie had a firm handshake. She was frail but not weak.

Serving on the Epps City Council, MS Lennie had worked energetically in her community.

There were many opportunities for multitasking at Epps Baptist; her church home. She served as a Sunday school teacher, Women’s Missionary Union Director, worked in Vacation Bible School and helped in Wednesday night Team Kid. Lennie was talented too; she entertained residents in the nursing home with harmonica tunes.

MS Lennie left a legacy of faith.

“Yes,’ says the Spirit, ‘that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them (Revelation 14-13 NKJV).”

Precious…

“Precious in the sight of the Lord
Is the death of His saints (Psalm 116:15 NKJV).



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print