Nothing Turned Out Right!
by Carol Shaffron

Neither my Poppy Seed Pound Cake nor my Tapioca Pudding came out right today. Still both had a distinctly unique quality and flavor. I made a cake recipe I'd never tried before from the booklet I received with my breadmaker-toaster oven combination. It was a bit dry, I thought, and the little paddle that mixes the ingredients in the pan stuck in the middle of the finished cake. That always creates a hole whenever I use it to bake bread.


I probably didn't let the pan sit long enough to cool before trying to get it out so I could taste it. Three-quarters fell into the baking dish I planned to store it in; the other one-quarter stuck to the pan!


It still tastes the same..


As for the Tapioca Pudding, I substituted meringue powder for the egg and powdered milk instead of "real" milk. Both the consistency and taste were slightly affected so it didn't taste exactly like creamy Tapioca Pudding but..


It still has a pretty good flavor..


Does God ever substitute ingredients into your recipe for the day? Does He ever just decide to put a different flavor into it? Or does something "break" and it seems like a complete waste, and yet


What is your usual reaction? Nothing turned out right today..

Or

Hhhmmnn, though it didn't go quite as I'd hoped, today surely has a distinctive flavor of its own, and it's not all that bad, really.


Thank God for substitutions once in a while. How monotonous and boring our days and weeks and months would be without the pesky little annoyances. Thank God for a little bit different flavor and texture in life now and then.


If my cake hadn't fallen out of the pan in crumbs and my tapioca had turned out just right anyway I don't suppose God would have dropped the idea in my brain to share the story of my two flops and compare it to how our recipes for our days sometimes just don't turn our right.


But still all is not lost and sometimes we even discover that a different flavor is just what we need.

Inspirational poetry flowed from my spirit once I was born again. Published in the local paper I was encouraged to keep writing it.

Seeking to know God I become more sure writing is my calling. My most heartfelt concern: oneness in Christ. 

www.shalomchayil.com
Copyright  Chesvan 5768 Shalah

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print