SHAKE AND WAKE
by Lupie Riley

                                                      

Freelance writer Lupie Riley

Thought:  Could these events happening in our world today be God’s way of shaking people awake to their need for Salvation?  Could it be God’s way of ridding people of their worldly idols?  Those things that have driven their attention away from Him.  Maybe a pursuit for wealth, an addiction to sports, drugs, pornography, anything that has robbed them from being everything that God had intended them to be.  Our world today is certainly a time for reflection.  A time to direct their attention back to the One who created them when their idols begin to crumble before their eyes.

A born-again believer, a true Christian, is the only book lost souls look too for signs of hope and Salvation.  Are you allowing Jesus’s light to shine or is something in your life blocking out that light?  Addictions, sin and unforgiveness are all a hinderance in your walk with the Lord. These are critical times for our country’s survival and there needs to be spirit led believers who are willing to share the gospel with anyone God brings into their path. The Bible speaks of this time were living in.

II Tim. 3:1-5 “You may as well know this too, Timothy, that in the last days it is going to be very difficult to be a Christian.  For people will love only themselves and their money; they will be proud and boastful, sneering at God, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful to them, and thoroughly bad.  They will be hardheaded and never give in to others; they will be constant liars and troublemakers and will think nothing of immorality.  They will be rough and cruel, and sneer at those who try to be good; hotheaded, puffed up with pride and prefer good times to worshiping God.  They will go to church, yes, but they won’t really believe anything they hear.  Don’t be taken in by people like that.”

You might also read Mathew 24 in Jesus own words.  It’s time to wake up folks, these are the last days Jesus spoke about.  Are you ready to meet him in the air?

Prayer:  Father God, you told us that fear should not be a part of our life.  We have a blessed hope of meeting you in the rapture soon.  We will be taken to that place of safety you have reserved for us.  That promise should keep our hearts quiet and at peace.  Fill us with the excitement of things to come.  Amen

Verse:  Rev. 22:3-5 “There will be nothing in the city which is Evil; for the throne of God and of the Lamb will be there, and his servants will worship him.  And they shall see his face and his name shall be written on their foreheads.  And there will be no night there—no need for lamps or sun—for the Lord God will be their light and they shall reign forever and ever.”

 

 



Married 58 years, four children, nine grandchildren and three greats.  I've been a freelance writer for over 40 years.  Working on a book at the present.  My priorities are God first, family, country. Look me up on Google search by my name Lupie Riley, click on first link. Faithwriters.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print