I USED TO...
by Lewis E. Thomas

I USED TO...

I used to be a "FAITHFUL CHRISTIAN" in word and in "DEED"!
I used to reach out to help others when they were in a "PLACE of NEED"!
 
I used to go to Church every time they opened the doors!
I even used to help out around the Church with some of the regular "CHORES"!
 
I used to witness to lost souls about Jesus and that "OLD RUGGED CROSS"!
I used to pray for others to be "SAVED" so that they wouldn't become "ETERNALLY LOST"!
 
I used to pray and study my Bible to stay real close to God!
I used to get calls from folks who told me that they were inspired by my "WALK WITH GOD"!
 
I used to be "HUNGRY" for Jesus up above!
I used to seek his face in prayer until he "EMBRACED" me with his "AWESOME LOVE"!
 
I used to memorize scriptures, make notes in my Bible and such!
I'm sure by now you can see by the way I am using "I USED TO" that God and I have become totally out of touch!
 
I used to be a true "CHILD of GOD" who walked upon that "STRAIGHT and NARROW WAY"!
Yet someway, somehow, I grew "COLD" in my "WALK WITH GOD", what more can I say?
 
I used to be walking on a holy path that would take me up to Heaven, to forever dwell!
Now, I am walking "ALONE" without God down a path that will take me straight to Hell!
 
I used to...
 
 
 
Lewis E. Thomas
7/27/2021
 


...

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print