Dog Owner
by PamFord Davis

Are you a dog owner?

If so, you’re not alone. According to 2018 statistics [‘financesonline’ site] there were 471 million dog owners worldwide. Pets are big business. Owners provide their pets with food, treats, toys, grooming and veterinarian care. Dogs come in a big variety of breeds and sizes. From lapdogs to watchdogs, they earn the title of man’s best friend.

Men and women alike made ‘The Doggie in the Window’ a hit song. Patti Page’s recording was released in January of 1953 and earned the recognition of ranking at #1 on both Billboard and Cashbox charts that year. The novelty song stayed on Billboard charts for 8 weeks and 2 million of the records were sold. [Wikipedia]

Today, dogs still rank as best friend to multitudes. They offer companionship and unconditional love.

I’m humbled by the love and friendship of Christ Jesus.

“This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.  No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you. These things I command you, that you love one another (John 15:12-17 NKJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print