Thirsty?
by PamFord Davis

“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
For they shall be filled (Matthew 5:6 NKJV).”

It’s not by chance or so called coincidence.

God is persistent; He uses repetition to get His point across. A common spiritual theme will pop up repeatedly.

I pay attention.

In this instance, the theme is thirst. The LORD creates a thirst for intimacy with Him; He alone satisfies and quenches that thirst.

“As the deer pants for the water brooks,
So pants my soul for You, O God (Psalm 42:1 NKJV).”

“For I will pour water on him who is thirsty,
And floods on the dry ground;
I will pour My Spirit on your descendants,
And My blessing on your offspring (Isaiah 44:3 NKJV).”

“Behold, the days are coming,’ says the Lord God,
‘That I will send a famine on the land,
Not a famine of bread,
Nor a thirst for water,
But of hearing the words of the Lord (Amos 8:11 NKJV).”

“And Jesus said to them, ‘I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst John 6:35 NKJV).”

“Jesus answered and said to her, ‘Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life (John 4:13-14 NKJV).”

Thirsty? 

 

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print