Labor Pains
by PamFord Davis

I excitedly prepared for my parents and younger brother Gary's upcoming visit. We had bought our first home and I wanted everything to be just right. It was a Toledo, Ohio two-story house with lots of rooms to clean.

I didn’t realize how taxing the work had been until after their arrival. Caring for my husband and two year old daughter was labor enough but I had a second child on the way. After going to bed, I began to experience contractions. Was I in labor?

I went downstairs and talked to Mom. She reassured me; saying, I had probably just overworked.

Thankfully, it was false labor. It wasn’t time for the arrival of our son.

We live in perilous times; I expectedly wait for Jesus' promised return.

Creation is experiencing labor pains.

“For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the eagerly awaiting creation waits for the revealing of the sons and daughters of God.  For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope  that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. And not only that, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons and daughters, the redemption of our body (Romans 8:18-25 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print