My Arithmetic
by PamFord Davis

It happens.

I get discouraged or disappointed; both can trigger depression.

It’s easy to let today’s news to get us down. Many of my friends are listening to fewer newscasts on television; reports on politics and economy are far from encouraging.

Negatives can keep me from seeing the many positives in my life. I have so much to be thankful for.

When angry, some mentally stop and count to three.

1-2-3…

Why not stop and count my blessings?

It’s time to ‘Accentuate the positive. Eliminate the negative.’ (Ac-Cent-Tchu-Ate the Positive/1945/ Lyrics: Johnny Mercer/Music Harold Arlen)

I’m still learning my arithmetic by adding positives and subtracting negatives.

Circumstances are out of my control; yet, I can choose my reactions.

Don’t get me wrong; I’m not promoting mind over matter. Positive thinking isn’t a cure all.

I want my thoughts to be Christ centered. He gives encouragement and hope. Paul offered good advice.

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you (Philippians 4:8-9 KJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print