Wanderer
by PamFord Davis

Smokey was a bad boy; he wandered away from home.

There were 6 kittens in our last litter; we found homes for 4 as soon as they began eating solid food. We kept the other 2 and I named them Smokey & Bandit. They’ve really grown but still stay close to their mama. We hadn’t seen Smokey for a few days and assumed one of the wild animals in our area had killed him.

We don’t live in the thick of the jungle but there are predators including bears, coyotes, fox, raccoon, possum and bobcat. Once, my husband even saw an alligator crossing our road. Kittens live in dangerous territory; they shouldn’t wander. I’m so happy Smokey came back home.

“What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’ I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance (Luke 15:4-7 NKJV).”

Smokey is a wanderer.

‘Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing’/ Lyrics: Robert Robinson 1758/ Melody: John Wyeth

Verse 3 Oh, to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee:
prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it;
seal it for thy courts above.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print