An Example of Using Bloom's Taxonomy to Teach Elementary Students
by Tonja Taylor

Each of these describes a level of Bloom's Taxonomy (remembering, understanding, applying, analyzing, evaluating, and creating, with creating being the top level):

 

Name of Story:  "Goldilocks and the Three Bears"

apply/demonstrate/illustrate  (3.Application)   

What could Goldilocks could have done instead of  tasting the soup and sleeping in the beds of the three bears

evaluate/rate/defend  (6.Evaluation)     

What do you think would have happened if the bears had been home when Goldilocks arrived?

list/recognize/recall  (1. Knowledge)     

How many bowls of soup did she taste, and whose beds did she sleep in?

analyze/compare/distinguish   (4.Analysis)      

What did she say about the soups that she tasted?

construct/organize/propose  (5.Synthesis)    

What do you think would have happened if she got to the bears’ house while they were there and she asked them if she could taste their soups and sleep in their beds?

describe/explain/restate  (2.Comprehension)     

What were the names of the three bears and were they happy that Goldilocks visited and tasted their soups and slept in their beds? 

This example can help you understand more about Bloom's and how to utilize it to help your students!   

 

 



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print