I Will Echo Solomon's Song
by PamFord Davis

Today, I saw a nice picture of robins on a television station’s Facebook site. I’m not a birder but three birds usually catch my eye; cardinals, blue jays and robins. The colors of the first two stand out.

Robins are special because Dad spoke to me about them. They were a sign of springtime in the Central New York State snow-belt. Dad was happy to see robins because it meant winter was losing its grip.

We still have several more weeks of winter but I know spring will follow.

I’m already seeing daffodils in our yard.

Soon, I will echo Solomon’s song.

“For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land (Song of Solomon 2:11-12 KJV).”

Isaiah had this to say about a time of blossoms.

“The wilderness and the solitary place shall be glad for them; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose.

It shall blossom abundantly, and rejoice even with joy and singing: the glory of Lebanon shall be given unto it, the excellency of Carmel and Sharon, they shall see the glory of the Lord, and the excellency of our God (Isaiah 35:1-2 KJV).”

Rejoice!



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print