Will Come as Promised!
by PamFord Davis

Farming is big business here in the ArkLaMiss.

Combined, the family farms in states of Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi lead to great profits. We have many farming friends and admire their dedication; we could all benefit from their example.

Farmers work from can-to-can’t and have great patience.

“Therefore be patient, brothers and sisters, until the coming of the Lord. The farmer waits for the precious produce of the soil, being patient about it, until it gets the early and late rains (James 5:7 NASB).”

It’s almost springtime and area farmers are getting needed early rains. They’re patience has paid off.

Jesus promised He’d return.

Am I patient; am I prepared?

“Therefore be on the alert, for you do not know which day your Lord is coming. But be sure of this, that if the head of the house had known at what time of the night the thief was coming, he would have been on the alert and would not have allowed his house to be broken into.  For this reason you must be ready as well; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will (Matthew 24:42-44 NASB).”

Patience produces praise; Christ will come as promised!

“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who remain, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore, comfort one another with these words (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print