Amazing Grace
by Ken Barnes

For from his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace.  (John 1:16 ESV)

God’s grace is amazing.

 Go with me on an imaginary journey to the throne of grace to receive your eternal reward.

As we approach the throne, we know we are coming into the presence of a holy God.  You also understand that you have not been holy at times and start to confess your sins.  Although you have been to Mt Calvary and confessed your sins, you begin to do it again just to make sure.

Our heavenly Father looks at you with a blank stare and says, what sins are those?  You look a bit surprised.  The Lord says to you that all your sins have been nailed to my Son’s cross.  They are covered with his blood, and I do not see them anymore.  As a matter of fact, I don’t even remember what they were.  You have a look of disbelief on your face.

You think to yourself, God knows every thought I have ever had, yet he cannot recall my sins.  The Lord knows I am having a hard time comprehending this divine memory loss.  He says I could remember if I wanted to revisit them, but I don’t.  I choose not to recollect your sins because of what Jesus did for you on the cross.  His precious blood was sufficient to blot out all your guilty stains once and for all.  Due to my Son’s broken body and shed blood, it is just as if you have never sinned.

You say to yourself, wow, that is amazing grace.

 

 



I worked for seventeen years as a missionary with Youth With A Mission.  My missionary work has taken me to Mexico, Canada, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia, Spain, and Ukraine.  I hold a Masters of Education in curriculum and instruction from Virginia Commonwealth University.  [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print