BETTER THAN MATERIALISM
by linzy bruno

 

As a much less mature Christian, I used to get excited over the prospect of getting something new. That’s finding joy in something breaking down or wearing out, because there’s nothing more thrilling than getting new stuff. BUT now I’m thrilled when I don’t need to buy anything; it’s much more exciting to look around my home and note all the things that God is sustaining, upholding and preserving for me and my household. I find it thrilling that there is no need to go through the trouble and expense of replacing appliances, clothing and the like...

What’s thrilling now is that money can be saved, added into charitable donation or used to extend my household budget for basic necessities, especially now with everything costing more than ever before with no light at the end of the tunnel, (as part of the End Times scenario.)

Thanks be to God that in my home everything is lasting far beyond what is even reasonable to expect! (This is not to say that I dislike new things, just that there are unexpected lessons along the way that are much more valuable than anything money can buy.)

Furthermore, this spiritual growth in which I speak, has greatly increased my gratitude for the Lord’s Provision. Years ago I gave God my thanks, but now that gratitude overcomes me, as it continues to swell in the greatness of it's width, as well as depth.



Linzy has been writing for many years; seriously since her 3 kids were still young and inspirational. She has taken 2 courses in Bible studies and completed "Four Soils" Bible study course in a 26-month period; earning her certification in Bible Counselling.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print