Everything You're Looking For
by PamFord Davis

‘Did you find everything you were looking for?’

Checkout clerks have asked me that question countless times.

Sadly, many do not find what they look for and need most.

“Just then someone came up and asked Him, ‘Teacher, what good must I do to have eternal life?’

‘Why do you ask Me about what is good?’ He said to him. ‘There is only One who is good. If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.’

‘Which ones?’  he asked Him. Jesus answered:

Do not murder;
do not commit adultery;
do not steal;
do not bear false witness;
honor your father and your mother;
and love your neighbor as yourself.

‘I have kept all these,’ the young man told Him. ‘What do I still lack?’

‘If you want to be perfect,’ Jesus said to him, ‘go, sell your belongings and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.’

When the young man heard that command, he went away grieving, because he had many possessions (Matthew 19:16-22 HCSB).”

The man didn’t find what he was looking for. Yet, he was in the presence of eternal life.

“This is eternal life:
that they may know You, the only true God,
and the One You have sent—Jesus Christ (John 17:3 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print