MY THOUGHTS ON THE THUNDER
by Lewis E. Thomas

MY THOUGHTS ON THE THUNDER
 
I'm sitting in my home just now as it began to grow dark outside at 10:00 am in the morning. Then rain began to suddenly fall "VERY HARD" without any "WARNING"!
 
I'm listening to "CLAPS OF THUNDER" as it makes some "FRIGHTENING SOUNDS"!
At times I can feel it "SHAKING" my house and the "GROUND"!
 
It reminds me of the "AWESOME" and "TERRIBLE POWER OF GOD" who reigns from beyond the "SKY"!
It reminds me of that KINGDOM known as Heaven where no one ever grows old or dies!
 
The Bible tells us that "LIGHTNING and "THUNDER" are both present around God's Throne in Heaven up above!
God's Throne is both "BEAUTIFUL" and very "FRIGHTENING" and God can be a "ROARING LION" and yet as gentle as a dove!
 
The Old Testament tells us stories of how God's awesome "WRATH" was displayed for all to see!
Stories of how God saved Israel from Pharoah by parting the "MIGHTY RED SEA"! 
 
Stories about Korah and Dathan who led a rebellion against the leadership of Moses and Aaron one day! 
God opened up the ground beneath them and the Earth swallowed them up like a great "MOUTH" as God made them "PAY"!
 
Most Churches today portray a one sided view of God focusing solely on His forgiveness, His love and His grace!
Never preaching on the "AWESOME" "WRATH OF GOD" and those times when He wanted to "DESTROY" the whole human race!
 
Psalms 7:11 tells us that God is angry with those who are wicked "EVERY DAY"!
God wants us to obey His Word and to walk on that "STRAIGHT and NARROW WAY"!
 
The Bible says those stories of God's wrath are "EXAMPLES" to you, to me, and to one and all!
They are "WARNINGS" that we can invoke the "WRATH of GOD" that can cause us to take an everlasting and "ETERNAL FALL"!
 
Most Churches never mention the story about Ananias and Sapphira that happened within the later days of "GRACE"!
They both dropped down dead for lying to the Holy Spirit after they caused "GREAT ANGER" to rise up in "GOD'S FACE"!
 
 
My thoughts on the thunder...
 
 
 
Lewis E. Thomas 
7/20/22
 
Ref: Numbers 16:all and Acts chapter 5
 
God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.  Psalms 7:11
2 Samuel 22:14, Revelation 4:5, 6:1, 8:5, 10:3-4, 11:19, 16:18, 19:6
Hebrews 6:1-6, 10:26-31, 2nd Peter 2:20-22, 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


...

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print