Knocked Out with the Word of God!
by Anastasia Floyd

Growing up summertime was my favorite time, the time when school would be out and then my sister and brothers would come over and my cousins would come over and we would all be together at Nana's house. Nana was our step-grandmother but she was as far as we were concerned our Real Grandmother. Anyhow, my oldest cousin Rick had developed a bad habit this one particular summer, he had a habit of saying "You Fool!" to people.

Nana pulled him to the side a couple of times and told him "Rick you need to stop saying that you're gonna end up saying it to the wrong person one day". Nana even pointed out to Rick that the bible says you should never say "You Fool" to anyone.

What Nana said to Rick just went in one ear and out of the other. And as fate would have it one day Nana was chastising Rick about something and before you know it! Rick said "You Fool!" to Nana! I have never seen anything like this in my life or since that day. Nana proceeded to pick up the thick King James Bible that she read out of and with the precision and accuracy of a trained special services agent she aimed the Bible at my Cousin Rick!

Terror came across Ricks face the minute the words left his mouth he turned to try and run and all I saw was Nana release that big King James Bible out of her hand, it went hurling through the air! It looked like a missile one of the kinds that has it's target set and the next thing we all knew, that bible hit Rick right in the top of his head and knocked him down! He literally crumbled to the floor in a heap holding his head and moaning.

I and my sister and brothers and Ricks brother fell down to the floor to laughing hysterically! We had never seen anything like that in our lives! For a person to be literally knocked out with the Word of God! LOL!!! Nana calmly went over to Rick picked him up and held him in the collar and told him "didn't I tell you you were going to say that to the wrong person one day".

We laughed at Rick all day he had a big red knot on his forehead for a couple of days. But after that day he never said "You Fool!" to anybody else. And that was all of our first time seeing someone actually knocked out with the Word of God.

I am a Christian Writer I enjoy writing devotionals and poetry and short stories.

website:  [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print