Got Light?
by PamFord Davis

Dim lighting can set the mood for intimate restaurant rendezvous. Yet; my mood would turn melancholy if I was forced to stay in darkened rooms. I want light.

Edison gave us the electric light.

Satan offers a counterfeit.

“For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ.  No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 NASB).”

God is light.

“This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him there is no darkness at all (1 John 1:5 NASB).”

The Father gifts His children with light.

“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Your light must shine before people in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven (Matthew 5:14-16 NASB).”

Got light?

Let it shine!



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print