Eternally Connected
by Joanne Sher

The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon His name in truth. Psalm 145:18

Our cable was out for several hours the other day. This meant that I couldn't watch the TV show I was counting on seeing. Also, the history program my husband planned to record wouldn't be available for him to watch that evening.

Also, because we receive our internet through the cable company, I couldn't check my email, get a weather update, or check my favorite websites. There would be no chatting with my online friends, real-time research, or shopping at stores thousands of miles away.

People today are so electronically connected to the world - cell phones, PDAs, blackberries, laptops - that their lives can come to a standstill if they somehow become unable to use their technology.

I'll admit that I'm not as "wired" as many, but I certainly missed my internet connection when I couldn't have it. I was quite eager to get back online as soon as I could.

There is a connection, however, that I never have to worry about losing. If I am His child, my connection with my Heavenly Father can never be cut off. I'll never have a dropped prayer to God. God's battery won't run out. My heavenly connection will never crash.

What's more, just like all the devices available, I have many ways to communicate with my Father. I can pray. I can connect through reading and studying His Word. Praise music can also work, as can acts of service in His name. Just looking at His creation can bring me closer to Him. Meditating on His past works can make him feel as close as a prayer away, without costing me cell phone minutes.

So, even if you forget your cell phone at home, your laptop battery dies and your cable goes out, you can still make the only connection you really need: hooking up with your Savior.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for being so accessible to Your children. Help us to come to You often, with big needs and small, with praises and confessions.

Further Reading: Jeremiah 29:11-14

(c) Joanne Sher 2011

Joanne Sher is a Christian writer saved out of Judaism, traveling rough roads with God's strength. She loves to blog, encourage, write, and spend time with her family. Learn more about her at http://www.joannesher.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print