Adhering to the Golden Rule
by PamFord Davis

My sins are forgiven.

 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous, so that He will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us (1 John 1:9-10 NASB).”

God expects me to forgive others.

“Be kind to one another, compassionate, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you (Ephesians 4:32 NASB).”

Forgiveness is ‘for’ all who have hurt or offended me.

I will ‘give’ them release from any revenge.

“Never repay evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all people. If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all people. Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written: ‘Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,’ says the Lord (Romans 12:17-19 NASB).”

Do all deserve forgiveness?

No.

Yet, Jesus gave the gift of forgiveness. I can too.

“But Jesus was saying, ‘Father, forgive them; for they do not know what they are doing (Luke 23:34a NASB).”

Am I adhering to the golden rule?

“Treat people the same way you want them to treat you (Luke 6:31 NASB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print