Parched, Very Thirsty
by PamFord Davis

Parched, very thirsty…

“I spread out my hands to You;
I am like parched land before You. Selah (Psalm 143:6 HCSB).”

God alone is able to quench my spiritual thirst.

“God, You are my God; I eagerly seek You.
I thirst for You;
my body faints for You
in a land that is dry, desolate, and without water (Psalm 63:1 HCSB).”

Apostle Paul was parched; especially for parchments; he thirsted for God’s word.

“Make every effort to come to me soon, for Demas has deserted me, because he loved this present world, and has gone to Thessalonica. Crescens has gone to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia. Only Luke is with me. Bring Mark with you, for he is useful to me in the ministry. I have sent Tychicus to Ephesus. When you come, bring the cloak I left in Troas with Carpus, as well as the scrolls, especially the parchments (2 Timothy 4:9-13 HCSB).”

Parched?

Pray.

“Those who hunger and thirst for righteousness are blessed,
for they will be filled (Matthew 5: 6 HCSB).”

Trust Jesus. He keeps His promises.

“I am the bread of life,’ Jesus told them. ‘No one who comes to Me will ever be hungry, and no one who believes in Me will ever be thirsty again (John 6:35 HCSB).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print