The Story Teller
by PamFord Davis

Did your father read bedtime stories to you?

Some dads may have made up stories of their own.

(While in bed the other night) the Father got me excited.

He reminded me about something significant.

Jesus was the greatest story teller of all time. His stories are known as parables.

The LORD often used contrasts in His story telling.

Once upon a time…

Jesus contrasted the worship and prayers of two men.

“He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous and looked down on everyone else: Two men went up to the temple complex to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee took his stand and was praying like this: ‘God, I thank You that I’m not like other people—greedy, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector.  I fast twice a week; I give a tenth of everything I get.’

But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even raise his eyes to heaven but kept striking his chest and saying, ‘God, turn Your wrath from me—a sinner!’ I tell you, this one went down to his house justified rather than the other; because everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted (Luke 18:9-14 HCSB).”

What a difference confession makes.



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print