Why Write Devotionals?
by Filoiann Wiedenhoff

It is one thing to read a daily devotional that someone else has written but it is another to write one for your self. Why bother spending the time since someone else does the work for you right? Wrong! There are many reasons to write devotionals and I'm going to share some with you right here.

One of the mistakes we make as human beings is we like to assume things. We assume that the news is always truthful, we assume the sun will rise in the East and set in the West and we assume that since Christian authors are experts why try to write devotionals ourselves when we can go to the store and buy one for five dollars. I'm not saying that these assumptions are wrong, but I am saying that we like to make them.

My point is, most people are either intimidated to write their own devotionals because they don't feel they are spiritual enough or they feel they are not blessed with that special gift or they don't feel they need to take the time to write them when they can read someone else's instead. Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong reading someone else's devotional but in reality we are reading revelation that was given to that person about that particular scripture or passage and who is to say that had you did the exact same passage or scripture and wrote your own devotional that God would have given you something different specifically for you?

This is my point. It's not that God doesn't use other people to bless us through their devotionals but that God has a special message for each one of us. We are all in different places and on different spiritual levels with God and He speaks to us and meets us where we are at. Wouldn't you like to know what God has to say to you or about your current situation? The bible says in Jeremiah, "Call upon me and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things you do not know'. ( Jeremiah 33:3)

God is speaking to us as individuals as well as a group. I also believe he has a word for each and every one of us if we would only take the time to listen and find out. I can testify that every time I write a devotional He speaks directly to me and my current situation and is always right on time. Not to mention the intimacy you receive when you do them. I can't tell you how writing devotionals has blessed me, ministered to me and also healed me through hard times. If you want to draw near to God start writing or journaling your devotionals and allow Him to speak to you. You won't regret it.

I encourage you to give writing devotionals a try. Allow God to speak to you personally through His Word and God is faithful and He will do it.

You can read both my articles on how to write devotionals on my website. Click on and find out. Make a copy and use it to guide you through writing your own devotionals. I guarantee that you will be blessed. Give it a try you won't be disappointed you will be blessed.

Filoiann M. Wiedenhoff is a pastor's wife,work at home mom, Womans Biblical Counselor, Bible Teacher and Writer.   View her website for more articles http://filoiannwiedenhoff.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print