The Importance of Resolving Conflict
by Filoiann Wiedenhoff

Dealing with conflict is hard enough but how about resolving conflict between two parties? The word conflict means "to strike" so you can imagine how just hearing the word conflict we tend to want to walk or run away from it. I know I do. In this article I want to share the purpose and the importance of being willing to be used as a mediator to resolve conflict and the benefits when you do.

Jesus said that a house divided cannot stand. Why is this? If you think about the structure of a house In most houses there is one wall that is placed usually near the center of the house called the load bearing wall or main support wall, which carries the majority of the weight of the home and the support. If this wall was to broken down the entire house would most likely collapse along with it.

I'm neither a contractor nor a builder but my thoughts are that I wouldn't want to be standing in that home when it did. We have to remember that Jesus was a carpenter and had first hand knowledge of this fact. The bible also says that we are living stones, being built up into a spiritual house and that He is our cornerstone. As living stones we are being built up together meaning that we are sealed not only to God but to each other just as each stone is laid and mortared together and if we are divided the separation would compromise the whole structure of the house.

As much as we may hate dealing with conflict ourselves and even more than that, hate having to resolve conflict with others it is so important not only to those that are in conflict but to the body of Christ as a whole.

The benefit of resolving the conflict is to bring peace and strength to the body. Peace among the believers and strength that comes when brethren dwell in unity. The bible also says that a three cord strand cannot be broken and when two are yoked together with Christ in unity it will be strong and unbreakable.

I hope this will encourage you as a leader to desire to go beyond your own limitations and comfort zones to encourage unity and reconciliation. You can make a difference in people's lives by being willing to take the time out to ensure unity among your group or family and friends.

As a pastor's wife and overseer I have had to deal with resolving conflict many times. If you would like to know practical steps on how to resolve conflict you can go to my website and view my article: "Practical Steps to Resolving Conflict".

Scripture References:

1 Peter 2:4-6 "As you come to him, the living Stone rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him 5 you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6 For in Scripture it says: "See, I lay a stone in Zion, a chosen and precious cornerstone, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame." NIV

Luke 11:17 "Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: "Any kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and a house divided against itself will fall."

Filoiann M. Wiedenhoff is a pastor's wife,work at home mom, Womans Biblical Counselor, Bible Teacher and Writer.   View her website for more articles http://filoiannwiedenhoff.com/

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print