Cheap Quick Ways to Fix Mistakes When You Lighten Your Hair
by Tonja Taylor

If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or  faultfinding, and it will be given him.--James 1:5, AMPC

I did it once again--overdid the lightening/bleaching thing--and there was a little too much yellow and/or orange tint. So, purple shampoo and conditioner to the rescue!

I'm so glad the LORD led me to these very economical toners, and even though I'd conditioned my hair after bleaching (now called "lightening"), I chose to wash it again--with purple shampoo and then purple conditioner.

These, I've learned, have violet and/or blue tints in them to counteract the yellow/orange/red/brassy tints.

Color is a deposit on top of your hair, but bleach does what it says--bleaches, or lightens. 

Too much bleach, or bleach left on for too long, can weaken your hair shafts

I used to bleach my hair, and then started using color to keep it healthier, but when the color would finally wash out, my hair would look unhealthy anyway.

I had darkened my hair for fall, but decided I wanted it lighter for the New Year. 

So, praise the LORD, while celebrating the New Year as I listened to good preaching and worship, I was greatly rejoicing. Also, I bleached and then fixed/toned my hair, and now I'm even happier. 

If you are going to bleach your hair, do yourself a favor and go get purple shampoo and/or conditioner. Then, if your hair is too blonde, you can use the purple fix, and you'll be glad you did. 



Tonja and her husband live to exalt God. They lift Him up in books (P.O.W.E.R. Girl!; LEGACY; Visions of the King; Your Holy Health; more); presentations; service in church, community, and the world; and via the "River Rain Creative" (309 videos) and "POWERLight Learning" You Tube channels.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print