Trust in Tribulations
by Lorraine Taylor

For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life. (2 Corinthians 1:8 NKJV)

The apostle Paul wrote this passage and he was accustomed to facing severe hardships, trials and extreme difficulties. We are not given the details of what was happening, but we may identify with what it feels like to be pushed beyond the limits of our human capacity to endure heavy tribulations.

Even in our darkest hour, when physically, emotionally and spiritually depleted, where we may feel at our end’s wit, wanting to give up, our Lord has already provided heavenly resources in how to live in life's adversities.

As human beings, we are amply supplied every single thing required for endurance, capacity, wisdom, strength, hope, and living one’s faith ‘as God’s divine power has given to us All things that pertain to life and godliness... by which has given us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature...” (2 peter 1:3-4 NKJV).

When you, I, or we feel physically drained, our thoughts sapped, emotionally fatigued and the circumstances we find ourselves dealing with remain, our hope lies in receiving, responding and participating from God’s holy nature, abiding in His forever promises.

It is in the midst of challenging ordeals, the sovereignty of God desires to transform inordinate human tendencies to place trust in other people, sources, or things, redirecting our minds, hearts and souls towards obtaining an assurance, security and confidence, within God’s unwavering, steadfast, loyal Faithfulness.

 

Prayer

Lord, when there seems no end to life's turmoil and I am entirely worn out, remind me that you are always faithful to do what you promised in transforming my heart attitude nearer to being an image bearer of your love.



Lorraine is an author, speaker, teacher and an integrative coach who seeks to live from Christ as her sole supply. Her first book covers the topic of Trauma and Faith; 'Hope Rises from a Shattered Innocence' https://www.amazon.com/author/hoperises

https://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?id=71379

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print