So little faith
by darlene hight

Some people are said to have inner strength.

Inner strength?!

I consider it strength if I have the courage to get up each morning. Every day as I swing my legs over the side of the bed, I beat the foe. Life is hard. Most days, I feel as ineffective as the disciples when they asked Jesus, "Why couldn't we drive out the demon?"


His answer must have cut them to the heart and it does me.

"Because, you have so little faith."

"So little faith" is the reason my demons won't come out. My mountains won't move.

"So little faith" was the reason Jonah boarded a ship headed for Tar shish.

"So little faith" fueled Abraham's request to Sarah. "Tell the people you are my sister."

Yet eventually, each one obtained the inner strength needed to have victory in their life. The disciples drove out demons, healed the sick, and many other miraculous things, but not until after watching the brutal death and glorious return of their friend, Jesus.

It is recorded that Abraham had great faith and I certainly agree. Still, he didn't stand on that mountain with his knife aimed at the promise as a strapping young man. Rather, Abraham, quite old with inner strength forged through many childless years, stood on that mountain. Jonah found his inner strength in the belly of a whale.

Great faith comes at great cost. None of us will be spared the tilling or the death that changes a mustard seed into a sky scraping tree. Following Jesus isn't the easy life. I have counted the cost and it is high.

Yet in the words of my youth, "I pick Jesus. No trade backs!" He is the way, the truth, and the life. Jesus working through me is inner strength. Why just this morning, He pushed two mountains over the side of the bed.

Darlene Hight 

Darlene is a writer who travels with her husband, Mark across rural United States as he builds power plants.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print