Restituition As A Doctrine: Obedience or Opinions?
by Olawale Ogunsola

TheIt is sad but not strange that of all the books in the world, The Holy Bible is the most criticized and condemned. A Professor on his death bed was asked, "What do you regret most as you are now going to the world beyond?
His reply was, "I regret that I will be judged by the book I have lived all my life to condemn."

The Holy Bible has suffered and is still suffering from missile attacks from within and without the Christian faith. If people outside do this, they may be easily forgiven because they are not on the same kingdom road with the Saints of Christ. What can we say about those who claim that they are Kingdom citizens?

It is more painful to see kingdom candidates saying unprintable things about the Holy Bible. No wonder, it is true we are in the perilous times! In this time, people of God find it difficult to embrace SOUND DOCTRINES. They take to debating every doctrine of the Bible. The question is, are doctrines of the Bible to be obeyed or debated? Debates have given birth to so many "schools of thoughts". Which school of thought was approved by the Lord Jesus that will make Saints inherit the kingdom of God?

None!

A careful look at the Scriptures reveals that there were people who have walked with God without the Holy Bible. They lived the Bible approved life without having seen a copy of the Living Manual.

ENOCH.
It is written about this man of God,
"Genesis 5:21-24
[21]When Enoch was 65 years old, he became the father of Methuselah.
[22]After the birth of Methuselah, Enoch lived in close fellowship with God for another 300 years, and he had other sons and daughters.
[23]Enoch lived 365 years,
[24]walking in close fellowship with God. Then one day he disappeared, because God took him."
He did not read any Holy Bible but he walked in fellowship with God.

NOAH.
The Scriptures disclose the heart of God concerning him thus,
"[1]When everything was ready, the lord said to Noah, “Go into the boat with all your family, for among all the people of the earth, I can see that you alone are righteous." Genesis 7
When Noah was given the pattern of the Ark to build, what was his opinion on record? None!
Rather, the Scriptures discloses, "[22]So Noah did everything exactly as God had commanded him." Genesis 6.

ABRAHAM.
He had faith in God, walked perfectly before Him and it was accounted unto him for righteousness, Hebrews 11: 8-10.
To obey the Doctrines of the Scriptures is to benefit from them. Isaiah 1:18 discloses
"[19]If you will only obey me,
    you will have plenty to eat." Isaiah 1.
To inherit the kingdom of God will not be a function of human opinion but obedience to the instructions of the Lord.
Stay blessed and prepared for the imminent coming of the Lord.



The Author is the set man of CTFM(WORLD OUTREACH)and Presiding Pastor of Christ Restland Gospel Church.He is a Poet and author of many books. Visit his blogsites www.4thlink.wordpress.com and www.peacelink.wordpress.com for more quality contents.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print