He Has Come!
by PamFord Davis

Joy to the World…

Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching.

Exactly; so why am I using a Christmas carol as my theme?

Let me explain.

Yesterday, I had a morning appointment with my doctor. As I sat in his waiting room, I noticed a Christmas decoration. My eyes followed the message… ‘Joy to the world. The Lord has come.’

My first thought was that it should have been removed. Christmas had come and gone. I quickly changed my mind.

I needed a reminder of the message it conveyed. We all do.

Jesus brought joy into the world; He has come!

Joy to the World by Isaac Watts 1719

Opening verse: ‘Joy to the world, the Lord is come!

Let earth receive her King;
let ev’ry heart prepare him room
and heav’n and nature sing,
and heav’n and nature sing,
and heav’n, and heav’n and nature sing.’

The Father sent His Son into the world (to save you and me).

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16 NKJV).”

The Son not only brought the joy of Christmas. We can always experience the fulness of His joy.

“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.  If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.

'These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full (John 15:9-11 NKJV).”

 



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print