God Set the Standard
by PamFord Davis

No Trespassing signs are a common sight in rural areas. Land owners post them at property boundaries because they don’t want strangers on their land. Hunters know that ignoring the signs could lead to their arrest and large fines.

Sin is another definition for trespass.

God has given warnings throughout scripture. Do not trespass.

There’s a price to pay.

“And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the Lord, a ram without blemish out of the flock, with thy estimation, for a trespass offering, unto the priest (Leviticus 6:6 KJV).”

Trespassing and forgiveness are an integral part of the Model Prayer (Lord’s Prayer).

“After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses (Matthew 6:9-15 KJV).”

How do we measure forgiveness?

God set the standard.

“And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you (Ephesians 4:32 KJV).”



Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print